10 Reasons Why Bonds is an All-Star:
1. Bonds leads NL in OPS, OBP, OPS+, Runs Created/27 Outs, BB/K, Secondary Average, BB, IBB, and SB%.
2. He ranks 2nd in AB/HR and SLG%.
3. He ranks 3rd in Isolated Power.
4. He is 8th in HR and Runs Created.
5. It has taken Barry Bonds (42) 194 AB and 281 PA to accumulate 43 R and 40 RBI. Prince Fielder (22) got to those numbers in 238 AB and 275 PA. Alex Rodriguez (32) got to those numbers in 181 AB and 211 PA.
6. He is one of 18 NL hitters hitting over .300. 11 of them are All-Stars.
7. Of the 40 NL players with 11 or more HR, he has the least strikeouts (and the most walks).
8. He is one of six players in the NL to attempt to steal 5 or more bases without getting caught. Of those six players, he has the most HR, RBI, and R.
9. The other potential all-stars from San Francisco were Matt Morris (7-4, 3.25 ERA), Matt Cain (2-9, 3.38 ERA), and Benji Molina (.289-8-44, w/.311 OBP).
10. He's the greatest player of any of your lifetimes. You deserve to see him play one more All-Star Game.