Please check out the Hippeaux's weekly posts at SNY affiliate, It's About The Money.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fantasy Highlights

- In 2001 I put together an NL-Only team which included NL MVP Barry Bonds, NL Rookie of the Year Albert Pujols, and Cardinals Aces Darryl Kile and Matt Morris, who combined for 38 wins. I was surprisingly taken to the wire by a fellow manager who had Sammy Sosa, Luis Gonzalez, and D-Backs co-Aces Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling. What put me over the top was probably the play of Jimmy Rollins and Moises Alou.

- In 2002, in a H2H mixed league, I put together a pen of John Smoltz, Eric Gagne, Robb Nen, and Ugeth Urbina, who combined for nearly 200 saves and 350 K, alongside Pedro Martinez and Matt Clement, both of whom exceeded 200 K, I had four categories guaranteed week-in and week-out. Once I realized this fact, I started dispatching my sluggers to accumulate a stable of high-average speedsters who would assure my dominance in SB, AVG., and R, guys like Kenny Lofton, Alfonso Soriano, Luis Castillo, and Johnny Damon.

No comments: